Sunday, September 17, 2017

And On the Seventh Day I...

My only accomplishments so far today have been getting up, listing off everything I plan to get done, and pumicing the bottoms of my feet. Oh yes, and supervising Dave in his task of putting the wood caddy back up on the side porch with all the fireplace logs moved aside by the painters. Nevertheless, I am taking a break to post. Oh dear, it's going to be THAT kind of day!

Thanks to Morganica I rediscovered another artist/writer, Luann Udell, whose work I used to follow and I am adding her to my favs list on the right. Write of the devil and the phone will ring! Not that I am calling Morganica the devil--far from it--but I did just have a lovely chat with her. We had been planning to take Ricky Frank's enameling class at Arrowmont together next month, but she has more important things to do--like save Elmo. I am going to miss seeing her, and I am even more resolved to get out west to see her either this fall or winter.

Clearly I am not going to get through my list for the day, but I bet I can put in a kiln load and get my glass orders done, re-pot the orchids, buy my secret-pal back-to-school gifts, and take Zaga to the airport. Oh, and take a nap. Weekends are for napping. Now off to read the repotting section of my book on orchids again.

3 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I was thinking about signing up for that enameling class as well but then my house got flooded. all available funds are now being directed to rebuilding.

Bill said...

If you do get out here, we'll have to feed you at least once...

Brenda Griffith said...

Oh Ellen, It would have been so wonderful to see you! I think he is going to be teaching here at Creative Side Jewelry Academy next spring. If you want to take it then, you are welcome to stay in our apartment!