Friday, September 29, 2017

Surprise!

Okay, enough already. Yesterday's post was boring because Dave's birthday is tomorrow and I spent all day yesterday on his present, and because it was his present and he reads my blog, I couldn't write about it. So I wrote something BORING. I spent all day today on his present too, and I Did Not Finish! But I am close enough that I can wing it tomorrow and he will be thrilled. So why, you might ask, am I writing about it now? I couldn't take not writing about it so I asked Dave not to read my post till tomorrow night. Even though he promised, I am kind of writing on code now just in case he peeks (he would NEVER peek).

I love surprises. I think I love surprising other people best of all. All the time I am working on the surprise, I am thinking of how surprised the person I am surprising will be. And I chortle. I rub my hands together and chortle from glee at the existence and the imminence of the surprise. When I have the advance time to plan and execute, Dave's birthday is probably my favorite day of the year. This year I planned and I executed, and there is one hell of a present (a present squared--or is it the _square root_ of a present?) coming tomorrow. Heh. Tomorrow's surprise is colorful and sumptuous and perfect. I even have the perfect packaging for it that will keep him for having ANY idea what it could possibly be.

Tonight, however, is now, and it came at the end of today. Today was rainy and grey outside, but full of happy anticipation inside because, again, working on the surprise. Today was also the day the new sectional was delivered. I am sitting and posting on it now, and I am so happy because it is tall and it supports my back! The old sectional (which was my Mom's in Montana before it was ours, and then it was ours in Atlanta before it was ours here) was soft and comfy and felt great when you first sank into it. But then your back would start to hurt, and your legs would fall asleep from the lack of support it provided, and you could barely walk when you stood up. I like this one soooo much better! The old one is being picked up by the Salvation Army in the next week, and I hope someone else (with a better back) likes it a lot.

Now off to bed so I can get up early in the morning to wrap presents!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Not all couches are created equal...