Friday, June 30, 2017

I Have Project ADD

I said to Dave this morning as I was sitting at the kitchen table debating what to do today that I have craft ADD. He snorted and said, "It has been widely commented upon". I asked, "What, you mean everyone else has noticed this before me?". Answer: "Yup". Nonetheless, I am paralyzed by the decision between woodworking (designing and lumber list for the bed, the desk, and a worktable I would like to build), glass (making sample tiles with the glow-in-the-dark powder I got), or spinning (I have the fleece for the Master Spinner course to sort and wash and the fiber for the combo mash-up to spin). For some of those nifty crafting activities there are prerequisite home activities that need to be performed. For glass I need to set up the studio. For preparing the fleece I need to clean off the back porch area and set-up the fiber sorting and washing area. And there are other house activities I would like to/need to do like gardening (weeding the perennials, or pruning and deadheading the roses) and cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, changing the beds, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, washing the windows). Yet I sit unable to focus on one of the aforementioned options as the right choice for today!

Okay, breathe. Here's what we can do. I'll make my lumber list for the bed and the workbench. I'll see about renting a trailer from U-Haul to bring to the wood back to Austin. I'll make a list of cleaning supplies I need for the house. Then I'll pick up the cleaning supplies and stop at the lumber yard on the way out to the lake. I'll take the girls there for the afternoon, and while we're there I'll spend an hour or two cleaning out the metal building and then I'll spin for a bit.

Normally this is the place in the post where I would list what I'll do tomorrow to continue this line of activity, but I know better than that! No, tomorrow morning I'll get up, have coffee, and sit paralyzed for awhile again until the day comes clear.

Whew! I can move again!

4 comments:

Bill said...

I can't wait for the photos of the finished projects...

Brenda Griffith said...

That wasn't sarcasm, was it?

Bill said...

Of course not.

Chris Jordan said...

Legendary fire breathing mythical incense waterfall burner combo sculpture for sticks or cones with beautiful presentation remain of blazes as gothic home stylistic theme fragrance based treatment figures and middle age dream endowments.