Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Another Day, Another Lollygag

I am not a hot weather person. Much as I like the sun and baking in it, I don't like working in it. I get sick to my stomach if I work for long in the heat, and Austin right now is nothing if not hot. The studio is hot, the garden is hot. It's hard to find a place that's not hot except for the couch. Needless to say I'm not getting much done. As usual there are dozens of things on my list that I need to get done before going to Montana--some of them I need to get done to take to Montana. But the heat is just sapping my will to live.

Some posts area litany of things accomplished in the day. If I were to do a post like that today it would be things not done. Tomorrow I need to get up and make sugar syrup for the bees, and swap out the bottom board on one of the hives so I can at least test three of them for varroa mites. I need to do this while it is as cool as it's going to get for the day as I have to fully suit up for Hive #4. I'm tempted not to feed them when they're so cranky, but that wouldn't bee nice!

2 comments:

Bill said...

Work during early morning and twilight hours; siesta during the heat of the day...

My Corner of the world said...

yup, I agree with Bill. and the sucky thing is it's just going to get hotter....