Monday, April 03, 2017

I'm Not Procrastinating, I'm Planning

The two native plant bibles.
The day comes to an end and not one single plant went into the ground today. It took all damn day just to get them sorted and inventoried and to print the rest of the info cards for the grasses and shrubs I have. But tomorrow, tomorrow in between taking Baxter to the vet and meeting with the bank, planting will happen. And Jay assures me the stream will flow tomorrow too. All renovation/construction projects take more time than you think they will/should, but I think landscaping takes the longest. Even with three guys showing up at my door at 9:00 am this morning and asking what they should do and then working all day, we are still no closer on the planting. I admit it: I am the bottleneck there. I keep making lists and charts and cards and such when I should just throw it all into the ground and figure I'll move things if they don't do well or look right where I initially put them. Commencement anxiety. That's what I have.

But tomorrow they will all get planted, and I'll probably get the seeds in too. I might even get the grass seed thrown and have the guys use the roller to flatten it in. Tonight, lacking anything more exciting to say, I am just going to head off to bed so I can get up at the crack of daylight to make the next round of plant lists.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I thought you just said you were done making plant lists...

Brenda Griffith said...

I can't find where I might have said I was done with plant lists. Being done with lists of any kind is anathema to me...