Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Day of Diverse Interests

The lights at Chez Zee
The morning began, as Thursdays currently do, with a pottery class at The Art School At the Contemporary Austin. No peacocks today. I was deprived. Then I was a mother caring for a sick child (for me today that meant a trip to McDonald's--I know there are those of you who scorn me for this, don't be such haters). And then we got back to the garden. I cannot write that phrase without hearing Crosby, Stills Nash in my head belting out the line from the song Woodstock. The new garden will be forever linked in my mind with that song. And finally I met a few friends for dinner, and I ate way too much, but it was great fun and I got to talk about bees and gardening so I'm happy.

The weather has been so wet this month that every day the contractors either hesitate to come for fear of getting rained out, or they can come, but they can't do the project we had scheduled because the ground is too wet. It's a good thing I'm a patient person. Tomorrow, thank the catholics, is Good Friday and a school holiday for Jessie. I will not be setting my alarm so I can wake her up. I will not be setting an alarm at all. I'm so excited.

Have you ever noticed how when you get really tired and you're sitting on the computer, your body tenses up--especially through the neck and shoulders (or maybe that's just a function of working on the laptop), and you have to pause frequently to intentionally let everything relax? No? Well, you're lucky. I am, as has been my wont for how many days now, totally exhausted. I would like to wax poetic about the copper and steel plant marking stakes I started putting into the garden today, or the milkweed garden I laid out, or the vast number of different plants that went into the front (white) garden, but I'm just too tired. Tomorrow I will get over the litany of I'm too tireds and write a substantial post--with pictures even! Tonight, I'm off to bed and the inside of my eyelids.

1 comment:

Bill said...

It's a good thing you're a patient person.