Monday, October 30, 2006

Three Pages...

Coffee in the Montreal skyline mug, "Home" by Marc Broussard on iTunes (Wow, can I just say, WOW!), three pages left to write in the book--the troubleshooting section--and I am DONE... with the complete first draft. I have already been asked for several edits (including the rewrites of all the projects they want re-done), but edits are far and away easier than writing from scratch. Dave asked me last night how much I had left and when I told him three pages he was just shocked. I don't know what he thought, but clearly he thought me much further behind than I am.

Today (obviously) I write. I also do a slump load. Beyond that, I don't know. Writing really gets priority. I can tell I'm in the home stretch as yesterday I wrote the dedications and acknowledgments page. I can't imagine anything making me feel more done than that. Of course it will be tweaked: The people from the art department at the publisher will get a nod if they do a good job (and I expect they will) as will my editor if she can improve the book while not making my life hell...

Now before I get too complacent here on my laurels I had best heft myself off and lumber away to write!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Fantastic! What a wonderful achievement!

Anonymous said...

I can picture you hefting lumber.

In a Hefty bag.

Hurting your lumbar region.

Be back later...