Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jam Yesterday, Jam Tomorrow, but Never Jam Today. Taxes Today.

Coffee in the Chicago skyline mug. "Digging For Your Dream"--new Indigo Girls!--on iTunes. I still can't believe the spouse didn't go see them at SXSW. Shame on Bryon and all the others who weren't up for going with him (I can absolutely see why he didn't want to go alone--without me. Too sad.)

Tuesday was a trial, and it's over. Last night at 6:45 I was still loading the first of two kilns and had a tired, hungry, 7 year-old tugging on my shirt and asking when was dinner going to be ready. I finished the first load and had dinner on the table for her by 7:05. While she ate, I went back to the studio and started working on the second load. She came over when she had finished eating and hung out with me till just after 8:00 when the second kiln was loaded and firing. Then we went back to the house and had ice cream and talked to her dad. Ice cream was followed by a shower for her and putting laundry away for me and the evening finished with her tucked into her bed listening to Magic Treehouse and me updating my accounts receivable/reconciling invoices till bedtime at 11:00. Days beginning at 7:00 am and consisting of continuous work till after 10:00 at night have got to stop. I am not cut out for this kind of life.

At least I found some money as I desnarled my paperwork. It turns out that not only do I have a lot of checks due to come in, but I also have several credit cards that I never got around to charging for shipments sent in March. And it's a good thing I found some cash as I am going to have to pay for my biggest Bullseye glass order ever in a couple of weeks. Let's hope the check from the department store comes in in the meantime too. I think I'm going to have to set V on wading through their e-biz registration forms, etc., because I don't think I'm ever going to have the time (or interest).

Tired today. J came in to sleep with me about midnight and coughed and sniffed for the rest of the night. Poor little mite is completely stuffed up with a horrid cold, but she neither had a fever nor seemed particularly lethargic this morning so she went off to school. I am going to hit the Cold Eze hard today in an effort to head off getting sick myself. It's not a substitute for lots of rest, eating well and avoiding stress, but it's the closest I am going to come this week and I don't want to be sick when I see the spouse for the first time in three weeks (3,578 minutes from now).

Now off to do the final number pulling from the finances for last year's taxes. Really. really, really.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Are you sure about that countdown? What if the flight is delayed?

Brenda Griffith said...

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! His flight had better not be delayed or I just might have to eviscerate someone.

Anonymous said...

Zicam, and start it NOW. And be consistent.

Dee said...

bill, that was MEAN! ;P

brenda, did you get lost in the office yesterday? there's not post showing up yet today...

Bill said...

Well, come on now, flights are delayed a lot, these days.

I'm just being realistic...not artistic.