Monday, January 01, 2018

Hello 2018!

Today is New Year's Day, It is the beginning of a wonderful new year full of life, adventure, love and compassion. We are going to rise as a nation and overcome hatred, bigotry, and fear--or die trying. And I don't plan on dying any time soon.

On a smaller, more personal level, I plan to be happy this year. That sounds kind of like a resolution, and this would normally be my resolutions post, so let's do that!

So what about the coming year, what resolutions will I make for it? Ooh, I have an answer for that question! None!! I make no resolutions this year. I plan to take up no new activities. For all y'all rolling around and guffawing on the floor, tears of laughter streaming from your eyes, get over it. I will continue in some of the disciplines I either picked up or expanded this year, and I will let go most of the activities I aimed to do this year--whether I succeeded or failed at them. First on the list of goodbyes is the 365 Project. It was fun. I finished--I took a picture* every day of the year for 2017, and I'm done. I've also decided that I'm neither mindful nor interested in being mindful. I am not going to try to spin for 15 minutes or anything else every day--except blogging. This is one activity I will continue.

I'm also not going to try to bake bread or make pasta regularly this year. (I think that particular resolution bit the dust some time in early February.) I'll continue to work out until I don't. I'll continue to strive to eat better, but I will not diet.

I will live, I will love, I will never give up, and I will never surrender. That is 2018 for me. Happy eight (lucky) year to all of you, and I hope your resolutions are as positive.


*Or to be more honest, took a picture almost every day and had a couple of pictures taken for me by my photographer daughter when I was flailing.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Thank you! That was almost as funny as a stand-up comedian...

ellen abbott said...

my resolution is the same as last and the year before which is to do my 5 sun salutations a day. of course I didn't do them yesterday or today for that matter.