Friday, January 05, 2018

Ahhhhhhh

I slept until 12:41. PM. Oh I got up at 9:00 or so and took a shower and had breakfast, but when I went back to bed to read, I fell back to sleep. The rest of the day was spent dozing, drifting, not touching my laptop, NOT planning, barely thinking. I did dream a bit of wood. I am getting restless to work on the bedroom furniture (bed and desk) I planned last summer. Trouble is, my current plan requires assembling the bed (permanently) in situ so I can't really do it till we've had the floors redone (carpet replaced with hardwood). I hate time binding.

Tomorrow it's back on task with the great sewing project. The goal right now is to have everything done to fitting stage by Monday. Looks like I'll be getting up early to prepare the fabric (get out the patterns, plan the layout, start the pinning) so we I roust Jessie from bed we can dive right into it. She has turned out to be an amazing seamstress with great focus and attention to detail (her seams--even on satin--are amazingly even). She was surprised when she saw the other entries for the fashion show that hers were the only ones that are lined. I think she's getting a lot more help and direction than the other girls are--which makes me feel a bit bad. They are really trying to "win" too. I don't know what this "winning" is all about, but apparently there are judges and one of the collections "wins" the show. Whatever. Next Saturday night it will all be over.

Next Friday the SQL doc will be pretty much done and we'll present at Show and Tell on the 19th after it's been live for a week or so. I'm pretty psyched.

Now, though I slept the day away, I'm tired and it's time to go snuggle the spouse. Pictures throughout the weekend of the fashion progress.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Best wishes on the sewing project.