Saturday, January 06, 2018

Couture and Shoes

Jessie got a package in the mail today. It was the pair of shoes she bought for one of her models to wear in the fashion show next weekend. They are gorgeous, and they were only $25! They're dark blue velvet and they look a lot like the ones at left, but they have a strap around the ankle. $25! And even more surprising to me is how did I miss this curved-heel trend? It seems to have come and gone and I never even saw it. After seeing J's shoes tonight, I looked for new curved wedge shoes online and there were none to be found. I looked on eBay, and there are tons--most of them for $15-$30 a pair. What's with people? I think this is the coolest style ever--I'd even wear them (even though they'd make me about 6'5" tall). I looked around a bit more on eBay and found these two pairs lower left--one sandal and one boot, and I am in love. They're even both available in my size--but not for $25 a pair. Sadness.

So we sewed today. Though that doesn't sound fancy enough for what we actually did. Let's see, how about we tailored today. That is more accurate anyway as we really did do a lot of fitting on the dress form. I didn't get any pictures of our in progress as there was no good finished point. Tomorrow. We cut out the pants and the shirt for the male model, Jessie sewed the lining together for the bustier top on the blue satin dress and increased its rigidity and structural integrity by adding a heavy-duty stiffener (sew-in interfacing) and boning. We'll probably put more boning in tomorrow too. Tomorrow, tomorrow. It will all come together tomorrow.  We'll finish the dress, the shirt, the pants and the vest. If I write/say it enough, I'll start to believe it. If I start to believe it, it just might happen.

Now I believe that the inside of my eyelids are calling me and I must go. But, damn, I really like these shoes!! I think J should get the gold ones for her model in the white dress to wear. I kind of wish that I were 20 years old, 5'nothing, and weighed 90 lbs. Then I could see wearing shoes like these without killing myself. Like the spine heels (really, as in spinal column) of the ones above right. Seriously badass shoes.

2 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I don't get shoe love. and these? ugh.

Bill said...

Shoes? I thought they were devices of the Spanish Inquisition...