Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Glass is Here

Coffee in the Washington D.C. mug, "Agnes and the Hitman" by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer on the iPod. Yep it's an audiobook! Started it on the way home from Chicago with Mom, then listened all the way to and from Greenville yesterday--and going to Greenville's the reason I was up so early yesterday. Today I am going to finish listening to it--and cleaning up a bunch of loose paperwork ends. But first I am going to receive and unload a delivery of glass from Bullseye and begin the cutting on the first load of platters for the gift order (114 Pacifica long rectangular platters... whoo hoo!).

As nice as all the little to-do items are, I have been thinking a lot lately about posting and the purpose of this blog. I write every morning as I'm getting organized for the day, and my postings reflect this action of mental organization. Boring. By mid afternoon I usually think of something that would be really interesting and pertinent--at least for other glass people--and that I culd write much much more eloquently. But I don't write in the afternoon so my postings consist of organization in the morning, and we're back to boring. I think I'm going to experiment over the next few days with alternating posting times to see if I can write the more interesting things I'm thinking about instead of the stream-of-consciousness organization that is my every morning.

Now off to fire. Keep warm all!

(I had to turn off the audiobook to write all that as I can't listen, concentrate on it and on what I'm writing, and type all at the same time. What a wuss!) PS--thanks, JK, for the info on QB for Mac...

3 comments:

Bill said...

So, now, you'll be writing about glasswork? Boring...

*wink*

Mindy said...

I have to vote for the AM post because A) I know what I am walking into! B) What am I supposed to do while I drink my coffee?!!!

ren said...

i like stream-of-consciousness writing. it lets us see how your brain works. but maybe i am only interested in that because my brain doesn't work.