Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Glass Artist Solders Electronics

Coffee in the Los Angeles skyline mug, "You Sexy Thing" covered by the Tom Tom Club (from Ren's Happy Happy Happy Mix) on iTunes. Is it a new year yet? It feels like a new year, and at the same time, it's the same old, same old. Though I didn't post Christmas Eve or Day, I fired both (and Saturday and Sunday). I'm back in the no-days-off-till groove again. This time it's for the gift order of 114 long rectangular platters due January 10. Oh man is this mix HAPPY! "Bongo Bong/Je Ne T'aime" by Robbie Williams now playing on iTunes. If it doesn't spice me up for a full-throttle day, nothing will. (Thanks Ren!)

It's Boxing Day. I wish we were celebrating in the time-honored fashion (laying around drinking, eating, and watching the telly). But I sent Dave off to work today sporting his new CinnaBoost (shown here attached to the backpack with carabiner and the saga of the creation of which is narrated in today's Stranded in the South). The hanging jump ring sets mine apart from all the other Minty and CinnaBoosts: Dave asked if there was a way I could make it a hanging tool for his backpack, and a hammer, two sizes of nails, a keyring and a couple of pairs of pliers later...

Already today I have fired two orders in one kiln load and ordered some frit from Hoy's as I discovered over the weekend that I don't have enough of the sky blue transparent for the big gift order. Gack. Now to finish posting and get on to wading through a year's worth of finances. No rest for the wicked.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hmm.

I'd better go read the other blog.

ren said...

you are very welcome! i told you i wasn't all miserable music...just mostly miserable music.

and that cinnaboost? that thing is AWESOME.