Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Day Before Thanksgiving and All Through the Studio...

No coffee yet (need to rectify that), no music either (tick, tick, tick goes the clock). It's O'Dark Thirty in the morning the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Jessie has no school today and has a friend coming over for an all-day playdate. I wish I were six again. Maybe. Almost. I know I am rushing toward the busiest, most jam-packed, stressful month of the year with all my reserves used up. Again. Time to reboot--not just for the morning, but for the season.

-----

Okay, a few hours have passed. Coffee has been consumed. A new playlist has been created for the studio (containing mostly perky music... though I think I did put in "Hell, No I Ain't Happy" by The Drive By Truckers). I am in a better frame of mind. I'm still way behind, mind you, I just don't care so much... At least I thought I didn't until Stacy asked me just now why I was so anxious and I started to cry... Breathe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tote that barge, lift those bales!