Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Okay, Who Took My Life?

Coffee in the San Francisco skyline mug (that's right Starbuck's fans, I have acquired a new mug-thank you eBay!), "The One I Love" by R.E.M. on iTunes. Okay, who switched lives with me? I am far too organized, far too ahead of the game, far too... relaxed to be me. Something must be wrong. Today I will write the last two projects and edit the rest. That's all. No firing, no bookkeeping, zip, zilch, nada. Well, I'll approve the proof for the postcard, but that hardly counts!

It's all about compartmentalization. Instead of trying to do a bit of everything everyday, for the past couple of weeks I have been trying to do one thing in a set amount of time and then move on to the next thing when the allotted time is over. So far it's working pretty good (no major hysterical breakdowns yet). Today; book. Tomorrow; studio restoration and firing. Friday through Sunday; in-laws. Monday; firing. Tuesday; finances. Oh I know I'll slip. I'll get bored mucking about with the dingy little slips of paper and have to go make something, but it'll be okay.

And now, off to book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could even work on something to completion and then bask in the grand feeling of accomplishment?