Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Internship and Retail

Coffee in the Austin skyline mug, no music. Well, the books are more or less done. I had everything done in large enough brush strokes that the accountant was able to make sense of my hash. I have to have everything officially enterd, logged and cross-checked by February 1. I think I can do that. Now I can back to work--and to cleaning. There are 13 days till the photo shoot and I still have projects to re-do and all the interim stages to produce.

The idea of retail is still rambling around in my head. No storefront--Doug's right and the city would just not allow that. But a mail order/internet business... My goddaughter is coming from France in May and June to do an internship in business with an American company. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an American company that will fit the bill. But what if Siyeh Studio is it? I may not have employees, but I produce a product, I market it, package it and sell it. And the ACRE show is at the beginning of that time period so she could get experience at an American trade show. And if I expand to retail, she could fill the day's orders and ship them. Would this work? And what would I do after she leaves...

Yesterday's accounting has left me with my creative juices sucked dry. Maybe I'll have something interesting to write tomorrow after today in the studio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Accountants are the antithesis of creativity, unless they are just biding their time until they are picked up for a stay in the hoosegow.