Monday, January 15, 2007

And the Winner Is...

No coffee, no music. It's a holiday today for the gainfully employed and the being-educated. For the lossfully, I mean *self* employed, it is just another workday, albeit with people underfoot. (After several minutes of struggling and swearing on the part of my non-coffee-drinking spouse the coffee has been wrestled into the coffeemaker and is brewing, and he wants you to know it.)

It's just another winter day here which makes it better than winter days most other places (it's 61 degrees and it isn't even 9:00 yet), but it is still grey. I am uninspired. Today I must slog through more studio cleaning. It continues somewhat ameliorated by the purchase of many clear plastic totes yesterday from shoebox size to 15 qt. Maybe if I have somewhere to contain all the "stuff" it won't spill out off the shelves and onto the floor. And maybe pigs will fly out of my butt. Gaw. I have to do it, I don't have to write any more about it.

By the scientific verdict of the judges ("Dave, what do you think?" "Oh I like that one best.") The winner of last week's name that series contest is... Andrea Land with "Cloudstone". Cloudstone is an excellent, simple, evocative name which is easily extended: I already have Cranberry Cloudstone, Caribbean Cloudstone, Aventurine Cloudstone, Tuscan Cloudstone and Flaming Cloudstone. So Andrea, which color you want? Thank you to everyone who pitched in and participated! (Oh, and Jody, thanks for putting me off the word "vitreous" forever with that eyeball thing...)

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Eh, sorry.

And hey, I'm gainfully employed and educated and heading to work. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Good choice. I feel real sorry for you with your winter weather. Its 23 here and we have about 2 to 3 inch of solid ice on the ground. I have been ice bound now since Friday and am having cabin fever. Since I don't have to go to work, I have just stayed in and taken care of our two cats (Misty is sick and is having to be forced fed 4 times a day). I have been trying some fusings and coming up with some smalls. When I get something worthwhile I will send you an email with a picture. Good luck on cleaning the studio. I have to take down the tree today.
MONYMAN

Brenda Griffith said...

Doug, at least Chrissie and Karen are getting better weather. And taking down the tree on 1/15... what's up with THAT?!?

Brenda Griffith said...

Ah Jodi, you are educated, not being-educated. If you were in school somewhere (like the J who is off at the farmer's market with D foraging for the week's food) you would have the day off. I know Bill is working today too. Us poor self and medically-employeds.

Anonymous said...

Cloudstone ... excellent choice.

I too, am at work ... but came in 2 hours late due to the ice/snow combo we got overnight.

Anonymous said...

I don't like Christmas trees. I had to have Chrissie come over to help me put it up the week before Christmas. Karen was working. I seem to always be down at Christmas, My moms birthday was the 24th and I get sad that shes not around. Since they left for Florida, I was suppose to take it down last week, but Misty loves to hide under it with the lights on and since she has been sick, I have allowed her to do it. She likes to hide and look up at the lights. Just decided that its time to take it down.
MONYMAN

Brenda Griffith said...

Andrea, you have exceptional taste--that's the color the Art Institute chose for a 12" bowl to jury for their catalog for this fall! It is Tuscan Cloudstone for the colors of Tuscany.

Doug, I am sorry to hear about Misty. Force-feeding an animal is no fun for anyone involved. I hope (s)he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, if you eat enough bacon, pigs might just attempt rectal abandonment...