Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Are You Sure It's Not Monday? *sigh*

Coffee in the New York skyline mug, "So Far Away" by Carole King on iTunes. Ice on the pond again this morning. What's up with that?! I was not as good a mommy yesterday as I had hoped to be. I had visions of getting my postcard done and in to be printed and then snuggling, watching movies, reading and playing games with J while she was home sick. Instead I fought with (and am still fighting with) the format on the postcard all day to get it just right for the online printing company (modernpostcard.com). And I was crabby with the J. *sigh* Bad Mommy.

I decided not to go with my local firm this year as I am (again) on a tight deadline and they had so many problems last year. But now I have to figure out how to get the format (CMYK for the front and Bitmap TIFF for the back) and the resolution (355 dpi for the front and 1200 dpi for the back) out of my software application which is NOT Photoshop, or Pagemaker, or Illustrator, or anything costing over $500. *sigh* And the back of the postcard is not yellow--it's black and white. Just another mystery why it turned yellow when I converted it from a black and white bitmap to a jpeg.

Now I need to finish fighting and start writing--all the project re-dos and my edits are due to the copy-editor Friday. Then there is the web site to finish and the Wholesalecrafts.com page to start AND finish. *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world just isn't fair, is it?

Brenda Griffith said...

Puh-leez. So how did your first day go? Or should I read and find out...?

ren said...

what software do you use? i am sure you have figured it out by now but if you ever need printing help...well...i can try.

Brenda Griffith said...

I cried at the postcard company on the phone. I think it worked. I should have my postcards by Friday.

I use Canvas X from ACD Systems. It is really great, but UNSUPPORTED by modernpostcard.com.

Anonymous said...

My first day went fairly well, as did my second. My boss seems pretty delighted with my work and willingness to find more to do.