Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fountains?

Coffee in the Atlanta Botanical Gardens travel mug, "Sweet Spot" covered by Emmylou Harris and Linda Ronstandt on iTunes. When I sat down to write this morning I thought, "What would be the perfect song title for this morning's post?", and the answer was Sweet Spot. I didn't know if there was a song called Sweet Spot, but I figured there should be and probably was so I went to the iTunes store, and voila! There were many versions, this was the highest ranked and the only one with vocals I previewed.

Today, today, oh today. Some in, some out, but lots, lots, lots to do! I lucked out yesterday and found about 40 more sheets of clear irid glass in the second case from December. Good thing as the 15 I had wouldn't even get me through the first half of the pieces I have scheduled to fire before ACRE.

I am thinking about expanding my product line and offering fountains. I love the fountain project for the book, and I have not seen anyone else offer anything like it (I fuse, cast or slump all the parts but the light and the pump). I have seen plenty of fountains with glass incorporated into them, but this piece is unique. Pricing could be problematic though.

But now, off to Ikebana and then on to interface flor to order the PURPLE carpet. Whoo hoo. (Lots of whoo hoo this week. It's a Good Thing.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you feel you deserve red carpet treatment?

Brenda Griffith said...

I have had red for the past couple of years and I think it's time for a change. Orange was appealing, but I guess it is to everyone else too as all the orange ones I like are on backorder. Besides, when it comes down to it, purple is more me: bucks the color establishment. Orange is the new black. Boring.

Jodi said...

Does that mean I have to stop liking orange? Bummer.