Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ignore the Springtime and Ramp to ACRE!

Coffee in the Denver skyline mug, "Bright Sunny South" performed by Alison Krauss and the Union Station on iTunes. It's another bluegrass day. I took the day off yesterday. First full non-weekend day I have taken off outside of vacation for almost a year. Wow. It felt really good--almost good enough to do it again today. Sadly the schedule (a harsh taskmistress) will not permit. Yesterday I worked for one more day in the yard and waited patiently to hear back from the publisher about my concerns with renaming the birdbath and reshooting the fountain. Maybe they took the day off too, as I heard nothing.

Today I deposit money, nag for money, courier letters to France for my intern, and putter on the web. I will fire one load (that includes a redo of a piece I am sending to California that must be there by Friday--needless to say I will be overnighting it Thursday), but it's mostly about business today and not glass. On an business marketing note--thanks to everyone who has taken the poll on the stands so far. I really appreciate the data. There are a lot more of you out there lurking every day, come out and take the poll!

Today or tomorrow I need to figure out the approximate weight of my display and work for the ACRE show in Vegas. UPS called yesterday to set up my shipping time and tell me the costs and the number they gave me from my off-the-top-of-my-head guess on the weight was hugely
scary. Consider-canceling-the-airline-tickets-and-driving scary.

I close with a teaser photo of yesterday's work--I moved the small pond with the four big goldfish from the back deck to the screened-in front porch. The rest of the pics are gong up on Stranded in the South.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David hasn't dug the pond yet, has he? That's usually the indication that you guys are about to move...