Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So This is What Real Life Feels Like...

Coffee in the Los Angeles skyline mug, "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" by ABBA on iTunes. Those two seem very appropriate with all the immigration furor of the past few days (now it's "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations... my iTunes clearly has a sense of irony). It's beautiful day outside. Days like this are why people live in south.

Today in the glass studio: Unpack the packing supplies from the minivan so I can get the carseat back in and the Sprout off to school. Not an issue yet as she is still sleeping. Dave brought home a miserable little cold from CNN and now J and I are beginning to succumb. Snot, blech. I discovered at the end of the day yesterday that I made the wrong color plate for my shipment to Canada and that changed my firing schedule completely. Before I was just behind, now... On the plus side they want to pre-pay with a check so I have a few days till it gets here and clears before I can be expected to ship. So now I am almost ahead!

Today I also contact the Publisher and say "Okay, what's going on, and where is my editor so I can get started?!?" That's right, I still have not even re-read the outline of the book I wrote in January much less started writing it. And wasn't this blog started as a way of chronicling the writing process? Final copy is still due 10/1, 152 days from now (I have a countdown clock widget set for it on the dashboard of Glacier--the iMac). My computers are always named after places in Montana, though I have finally had to realize that moving back to Montana is not going to make me Happy. A note on the iMac: I saw this blog for the first time last week on the iMac and boy is it UGLY! The colors are just not the same as they are on windows. Going to ahve to do something about that soon.

Maybe I can also actually finish the garage to studio transformation today. That would be sweet. Okay, enough talking/writing about it. Time to do it.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Let me tell you, the traffic in L.A. was great yesterday due to the marches, etc. Just an observation.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think it's dangerous to name your computer after something as slow as a glacier? The computer might get ideas...

Brenda Griffith said...

Hmmm, you have a point. Of course it too will have disappeared in the next 20 years...