Monday, May 29, 2006

Chicago!

Coffee this morning was, appropriately, in the Chicago skyline mug. We arrived safely in Chicago Friday at 1:00pm. It took 48 hours to get here with one thing and another. But here we got, I did The Prairie Arts Festival Saturday and Sunday and did quite well even though it was in the 90's both days and patrons were sparse. I even picked up a new gift store locally to carry my work.

I love doing this show. It is in a beautiful park and the pond in the park is right in front of my booth. I get to watch the swans and their cygnets all day (thanks to my friend and booth neighbor Sandy Mannix for the great swan photos--I forgot my camera both days). This year I even got the added treat of a great blue heron fishing out in the middle of the pond by the swans' nest. I had the same neighbors on each side as last year--it is just a thoroughly wonderful experience.

It took a long time to pack and load last night. My booth was as far from parking as you could get at this show, and it was almost 10:00 pm when I got home. I took it easy today--I haven't even called in my credit card sales yet--and just lounged and read. Jessie spent the weekend with Gramma, Grampa and Aunt Jan perfecting her bike riding skills and showing off her new bike helmet. She even got to ride on the tram with Gramma in the Memorial Day Parade today.

Tomorrow I need to get the last part of my project outline off to the Editor, do all the paperwork and record-keeping for the show, and catch up on my email. I am woefully behind on answering both personal and professional mail. I will also send out the first request for submission forms to the artists whose work I would like in the book. I have only spoken to three of the thirty I need. I might need to make some phone calls too... or that could just wait till next week when I am back home. There is much to be said for a little rest, relaxation and vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice swans. :)
Sandy

Barbara Muth said...

Brenda, I am always amazed at how much you manage to get done. How DID you get those project outlines done with everything else going on???

R&R sounds fun...
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you; I thought that Nashville had eaten you up...