Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March already, hoo boy!

The coffee is in a mug from the Art Institute of Chicago and it is cold, not by choice but by circumstance. The mug was chosen specifically as I fuse several pieces for the Art Institute today which they ordered last Wednesday evening--the evening before I left for vacation in California (hence the reason I have not posted for a week). Today is my first day back in the studio and I need to pick up the pace here and stop messing around with the computer and blogs. I will get through all my email later...

I sent my final edits to the book contract back to the Publisher the evening before I left and I still have not heard back from them. I must say, for a company which is hot to have material from me by August 15th they are sure slow to get things back to me.

Today I also begin processing orders from the Buyer's Market and preparing for a glass show at one of my local galleries at the end of the month. No rest for the wicked.

Finally, in a fit of mother-guilt, I donated a "Weekend in the Studio" to my daughter's pre-school auction fundraiser. It is an introduction to kilnformed glass for two, two projects per person with all materials and tools included. I must be out of my mind. The school was excited enough that it is one of the items in their live auction rather than the silent auction. Pilchuck it may not be, but I will still sit in the audience and pray somebody bids on it. The auction is this Saturday, squeezed between two children's birthday parties and the Oscars. No rest for the wicked indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can rest when you are buried...but not too soon, now.