Monday, March 06, 2006

Late, Late, Late!

As if I did not have enough to do, at J's school auction on Saturday night I had a bit too much wine and woke up the next morning having committed myself to creating and donating four more large pieces by the end of the week...

It is late today and I am dragging from too many activities over the weekend. I chauffered Jessie to two birthday parties, we attended the auction and finished up the weekend at an Oscar party that went till midnight Sunday. I am too old for this... stuff.

Now at 4:00 pm on Monday I am going to tackle uncrating the new lid for Big Bertha and getting it on and the old one off. This activity will clearly extend into tomorrow. But first I need to pack up the order for a gallery in New York so I can ship it at 6:00 pm, and I really should get the last two pieces of the dinnerware commission fusing in the medium kiln too (the clients added on another 8" plate and another 10" plate in case they break one from the set).

Clearly I am working in another dimension where time passes at a different rate. Or there is a worm hole in my studio. Or I am just flat-out delusional. Take your pick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for delusional. But who cares what I think?

Brenda Griffith said...

Well since you already blamed me for being lost all the time in CA and I have one of the best senses of direction and map-reading abilities of the entire crew...

Anonymous said...

Blame? Who blamed who?

Also, is there something wrong with your other blog? I suddenly can't access it...