Friday, March 31, 2006

Where am I Going, What is this Handbasket?

Coffee was quick and from Keurig again this morning, no music yet as Jessie is still sleeping. I thought I would not be posting today. After all, all I am scheduled to do is check-in and set-up this evening for the Austin Fine Arts Festival and I should be able to do that in my sleep! Wrong. Thank you Lize Burr for inviting us over for dinner tomorrow so that I actually needed to read my artist info packet to see when we finish tomorrow. I did glance at it when I got it, but I did this festival last year so I thought I knew what to expect. I ass-u-me-d. Picture me a donkey.

Turns out I had to pay for electricity (which I did because I want my laptop) because the festival has a special event from 7-10 tomorrow night! I am required to be there, required to be open, and required to have lights which I did not bring. I am loathe to go to Home Depot and buy a bunch more lights because I already have lights in Atlanta--I bought more lights for the BMAC so I have lots and lots of lights in Atlanta right now. I also will need to buy some kind of support system for them as I left that in Atlanta too. Oh joy. If I really wanted to piss off the festival organizers and never get invited back again I could just not be open tomorrow night and save myself a couple hundred bucks. Sadly I am not that kind of a professional.

So a day which was going to include nothing more than a little clothes shopping, a pedicure and a leisurely stroll through the Apple Store (we did Fry's yesterday--what a treat) with a quick set-up at the end followed by the Midgetmen at the Flamingo Cantina now has the extra added joy of a lighting emergency. Oh yes, and a nice dinner tomorrow night with Lize and the girls is shot to hell. Oh well, there's always Sunday night... late... after breaking down the show... maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How dare they change! It's outrageous!