Monday, March 27, 2006

Let the Week Begin

Coffee in the Jupiter Coffee go cup--extra large Vienna Roast with an extra shot of espresso... yep, slow to start this morning and a lot to do today! Music is not random. I gave myself the duration of what Jessie calls "the running song" which is in reality "Let's Get It Started"--the clean version of Let's get Retarded--by the Black-Eyed Peas to write this entry so if it ends abruptly...



Leaving in a couple to snag some pieces from Creative Spirit to pad out one of the gallery orders I am shipping today and then up to Taylor Kinzel in Roswell to break down from Saturday's trunk show. The show was great. All three of us sold a good bit of work and I took on a small commission too.

Tomorrow J and I leave for Austin. Got to ship orders, pack everything for the show (glass, tent, pedestals, etc.,), and pack for J and me (and the song is over so I let it go to random, I can't quit here. Oh goodie, random play brought "Black" by Sarah McLachlan to the top of the stack. Just what I need to get moving and motivated (not).

I leave with some pics from the show Saturday. I'll have better ones soon and will post them in News & Events on the (new!) website. I was busy talking to people when there were people there so I didn't get pics of that and have to get them from Mary (one of the gallery owners). The guy in the one photo is Patrick--the other owner of the gallery. He is giving me attitude because I am not leaving my best series with them next but taking them to Texas.

And on the subject of the new website: Friday I got a thank-you-for-your-business letter from the company that is going to develop it for me and in it was a little box of chocolates! The chocolate was from another little company in the same town as the website developers (Rexburg Idaho). I was very impressed and the chocolate was very good (Dave, Jessie and I scarfed it down Friday night). Last night I got them the navigation diagram and all the content for the first eight pages. I am eager to see what they come up with (and very relieved that it is not me doing it!).

2 comments:

Barbara Muth said...

Brenda, have fun in Austin. My youngest sister made Austin her home. She loves it there.

Anonymous said...

Work, work, work.