Friday, March 24, 2006

The champagne is chilling...

Coffee? What's coffee? Actually, I was so tired this morning that I had an extra large Jupiter coffee dark roast with an extra shot of espresso, and I barely even felt it. Last night (and the night before) the last kiln load went in at 1:00 am. Until 1:00 am when the kiln was cool enough to unload and re-load, I worked on organizing the content for my new web site.

Today I sorted all of the work I have done in the past two weeks into piles for two of the three gallery orders I need to ship Monday, for the glass trunk show I am doing at Taylor Kinzel Gallery tomorrow, for the Austin Fine Arts Festival next week, and for the gallery in Dallas where I am going to drop off a delivery on my way to Austin. Tonight I need to fuse the pieces for the third order which is scheduled to ship Monday...

I am so exhausted right now I cannot even see straight. I spent two hours this afternoon at Taylor Kinzel setting up for the show. I will go back tomorrow morning at 10:00 and stay until 5:00 when I break down my display and pack everything up to come home. Tomorrow I also have to slump the load I am fusing tonight. And I think I have either one or two loads of Archetype Industrials scheduled to slump Sunday. Frankly I do not have the morale to look that far into the future to see.

Now for the good news since I got all the whining out of the way. Today I received notification that the Museum Shop of the Art Institute of Chicago will be carrying one of my pieces in their fall catalog this year! And this is an art glass piece--not the Archetype Industrials. Now if I can just remember the formula I used to make it so I can replicate it 50 times for the initial order...

The champagne is chilling in the fridge, Dave has gone to pick up dinner, and I am going to allow myself to relax and celebrate my week... at least for the next 37 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to brush your teeth...