Thursday, October 01, 2009

Ernie... Today!

Coffee in the Atlanta skyline mug (apparently I don't have a Portland mug), "Hakuna Matata" by Ernie Sabella and others (from the Disney soundtrack of The Lion King) on iTunes. Both the mug and the song are to celebrate the imminent arrival of Ernie the Monstrocat! Thank you very much to the many people who made Ernie's voyage possible, I'll make sure once he gets here his saga will continue to be recorded and presented for his posterity. Too bad he doesn't eat kudzu. The other recent addition to the household (Jamine bunny) is very happy to help us avoid being overrun by the kudzu in the yard of the abandoned house next door. Even the caterpillar J brought me yesterday for identification has kudzu for a host plant!

The beautiful fall weather continues here in Atlanta and we keep the studio doors flung wide (and the screen door latched--Baxter bit the FedEx deliveryman yesterday) to profit from it. In a perfect world, I would sit in the skychair on the porch with the bunny frolicking at my feet all day. Hmmm. Maybe it can be a perfect day. Add a couple of phones, a laptop, a mountain of papers and voila--outdoor office!

Speaking of phones, if you left voicemail for me on my cell phone anytime between 9/13 and today and wondered why I never called you back, it's because I did not get your message til last night late (sorry Patty, Mary, Dee, Cynthia, Patrrick, Todd, Becky, and everyone else). Apparently the visual voicemail on my iPhone is honked and I didn't even know it till I tried calling it myself and got a 'mailbox full' message. Two calls with AT&T down--and a third to go this morning--'cause it still doesn't work.

Now I better go prepare for Ernie. Where did I put that kitty throne?

In non-Ernie studio news, Glass Craftsman magazine is reviewing my book in their December-January issue. I had a long (disjointed on my part) call from one of their writers yesterday. She interviewed me about my experience, teaching, writing the book, etc. I hope I didn't come across as a total moron. Some days you can talk better than others. Yesterday was not that day for me. Today might not be either.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Funny, he doesn't LOOK like a Norwegian Forest Cat...

Dee said...

Brenda, he's gonna take over you know ;)

Bill, he's in disguise...