Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Penultimate Day

Kenwood Chardonnay in a Riedel stemless glass, the sound of the dishwasher running for my music. This is a five-minute post. Today was an all-out balls-to-the-wall day in the studio. The first shift--Dan the carpenter, Becky the assistant, Lori the partner and Dee the friend--showed up between 7:30 and 8:30 this morning. Diane from Southern Flames came at 10:00 and helped Becky set-up the torches and equipment in the beadmaking classroom. Lori, Dee and Diane left right before Lee the glassblower came (about 2:00). Dan left, Lee left, Ray the HVAC guy, Brian the electrician, and Brian the torchworking friend who is going to demo for me on Saturday all arrived about 5:00, and all but Brian the electrician left the same time as Becky (about 6:30). Brian the electrician is still there putting up the new lights in the beadmaking classroom, moving the phone and data jacks and making sure I have enough power in the retail room outlet to run all the behind-the-desk stuff (can't be blowing a fuse every time I want to make a cappuccino!).

Took Dave to the airport at 6:30 this morning--he's going to miss all the opening weekend ups and downs, triumphs and tragedies, and last minute panic attacks. But Todd will be here--he's coming to stay with me and take care of Jessie through Monday. Whew. Speaking of panic/anxiety attacks; last night was the first night in memory I woke up three separate times with panic attacks. I'll be glad when the weekend is behind me. And that's my five minutes.

3 comments:

Cynthia Morgan said...

Well, I'd like to say "don't worry, no need for panic attacks, everything will be great," but prolly wouldn't help. If it's any consolation, you're one of the most together artbizwomen I've met in a long time. You'll make it work. Just don't make it kill you in the process...

And good luck!

--cynthia

Anonymous said...

Yeah. You're amazing. Makes my panic attacks for nothing.

Nancy Goodenough

Bill said...

Stress junky!