Monday, October 19, 2009

I Don't Like Mondays

Black, tarry, thick coffee with Italian Sweet Cream creamer in the Alaska skyline mug, "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats on iTunes. Starting the post in the traditional way this morning, gearing up for another marines-on-the-beach day getting ready for Friday. It would be pointless to list all the things that need to be done. Besides, I don't *have* the list done yet. Every time I start the end-all-be-all comprehensive list, I get overwhelmed and have to go play Mafia Wars with Ernie.

Dan the carpenter will be here in about 20 minutes with Kenneth the laborer and the day will begin. No ikebana today, no leg wax tomorrow. Oh the sacrifices I have to make!

PS--There's Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode from season six called "Once More With Feeling". It's the musical episode and one of Jessie's favorites. It's also the episode where a guy dances so fast he spontaneously combusts (which Jessie REALLY likes). Today I might be that guy. Becky kept saying last week that there were boxes of 5-lb jars of frit in the big order we just got from Bullseye and I kept saying no there weren't--I didn't order any 5-lb jars of frit. Hah. I was dancing so fast that I managed to order 5-lb jars of every single frit color in coarse instead of 1-lb jars. No wonder my order cost so much. And what am I going to do for 1-lb jars of coarse this weekend? I guess I'm going to be FLEXIBLE.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Possibly even gymnastic...

Cynthia Morgan said...

You got any empty 1-pound frit jars around? An empty sign where you can extol the virtues of sharing coarse frit among friends? A lot of ziploc bags? ;-)

It'll be fine--the ones who need coarse frit NOW can buy a small baggieful on account.

Good luck with the opening...I think you're gonna have fun.

Dee said...

can you get 1/2 lb or 1 lb jars from the place you got the 1-2 oz jars?