Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Roasting In the Depths of the Slor

Coffee in the Los Angeles skyline mug (as I would rather be hanging with Bill & Bri in CA than facing my day today), The sounds of Ernie's snores as he lounges next to me for music. The Great Glass Migration of 2009 happens today as we move the rest of the 5,000 lbs I got from Bullseye into the studio and cut it up as needed. Running through my head is Rick Moranis in Ghost Busters as Louis Tully talking about the coming of Gozer the Gozarian "Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you". For some reason I have the word "migration" in the quote, hence the reason the glass migration triggers it for me. Either that or I'm just likening the day to being roasted in the belly of a Slor.

Now one more spreadsheet to make to organize the process, and off I go! Pics tomorrow of the almost finished state (and we hope it will be).

2 comments:

Bill said...

How many times have you seen that film???

Cynthia Morgan said...

You cut up 5,000 pounds of glass today? Wow.