Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Like the Caterpiller In My Leg?

Water in a Tupperware plastic 'glass', "Love Will Come To You" by the Indigo Girls on iTunes. This is going to be a short post as the otherwise ineffective pain meds keep my fingers from working right. Yesterday was a full and happy day--right up until I woke up from surgery. Becky worked in the studio from 8:30 to 12:45, I was there till 1:45, Kay was there from about 10:00 on (she headed to Commerce and met Bill to exchange work first at 6:30 am), V the bookkeeper stopped by get bills to mail and the deposit, and Lee brought the second load of refractory material he will need to build the kilns and the gloryhole. It was a busy, productive morning.

When Dave came to the studio to pick me up and take me in for surgery, I felt like I was headed off to vacation! Several hours later when I woke from surgery I was panting and crying from pain, and they were pumping as much dilaudid into my IV as fast as they could. Getting into bed once we got home was managed in stages. First there was getting up the front porch steps (backwards on my tush). Then I scooted backwards into the house and took a left into the office where I sprawled on my back on the big round rug (the site of the original injury) for another 15-20 minutes. Finally I had enough together to scoot myself backwards down the hall, across the livingroom and up onto the couch for a couple more comatose hours. Finally about 10:30 I had enough equilibrium to crutch my way upstairs and to bed.

And there I remain. D just brought me lunch, and now it's time for a nap. More tomorrow!

3 comments:

Bill said...

Yup.

Figures.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Wow, you have been through a lot with this! Now you have your own personal Borg implant...if you ever were a Trekie. Continued wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dee said...

i hope you had a good nap and that the pain is subsiding but i have a feeling it's gonna be a bit longer before that really happens...

D