Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Too Early on Tuesday (Again)

Coffee in the Denver architect series mug, "Swamp" by Talking Heads on iTunes. That's my head, a swamp. I need to be over this cold, but it's just hanging on, filling me up every morning with cotton woolly snot. Sorry for sharing the imagery, but not sorry enough to delete the sentence.

Had another open studio date yesterday and firmed up the pricing for going forward with it. About ready to open it up to the world and put it on the website--along with the summer camp. I need a Kavarna day badly. Maybe D can swing one tomorrow...

I bought ten UPC codes and managed to get them for under $7 each. These are real GS1 codes that came with a certificate of authenticity, not just barcodes that I whipped up with barcode generating software--and more's the pity as the images are BIG and the vendor recommends not scaling them down more than 10%. Adventures in retailing... This morning I'll assign them to the products for the new dept store client and play around with printing them. Need to get the correct Avery Dennison label number from my sales rep...

Orders continue to come in, some from the Atlanta show and some from buyers who won't be at the BMAC. I can't wait to get the new stands from Black Cat so I can announce those pieces--I think they are going to be great sellers this spring/summer as we all hunker down to wait out this recession. Between the firing hiatus for Philly and the orders that are in, the firing schedule is looking pretty full till the end of the month. Whoo hoo!

Time to head to the studio and fire up the kilns--it's cold out there today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand the frustration with the cold. I'm going on 3 weeks now. The fact that the temperatures go from the teen's to the 70's in a week doesn't help. High today in Tulsa to be 41, Friday it's suppose to hit 70. No wonder we can't get rid of our colds. Good luck with your new store. Hope it works. It could keep you busy for the year.

Have a great year!!

MONYMAN

Bill said...

Waste no time in front of your computer: get cracking...um, no, I didn't mean that. Um. Blow this popstand! No, you aren't a glassblower...well. Hmm.

I'll think of something...