Thursday, February 05, 2009

Is It Wednesday or Thursday? I'm Lost...

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." " Yesterday was not a good day to overdraw the family checking account.



Coffee in the New York skyline mug, "Begin the Begin" by R.E.M. on iTunes. The studio day ended at 7:30 last night when the last kiln load went in, and I arguably should have put in one more. There will be three or four loads fired today as I attempt to fill all the Atlanta, Dallas and asap orders that need to ship before the BMAC. The loading of the kilns will fit in around dances with bookkeepers as V is coming over this afternoon to produce the order she has created from my chaos.

Though it seems really odd to--myself--put barcoded, professionally printed, retail price tags on signed, handcrafted work, the hangtags and stickers are all ordered and should arrive next week. Whew! I have reached a new level in merchandising. (I type this to the background music of my husband verbally inputting his to-do list into Jott on his new phone--need to get him a hands-free thingie for it, borg him up.)

And that's the day laid out. I have yet to figure out how I'm going to get the glass for the new mermaid piece to Philly (it's 14" X 28" and oddly shaped)--in addition to the glass for the nine new pieces we designed last weekend and the double lattice. But I'll think of something.

2 comments:

Dee said...

LOL yes you need to "borg dave up" :) the jawbone bluetooths are the best i've been assured, i like mine...

Bill said...

Not the Borg!

Tron him...