Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

Coffee in the Washington D.C. mug, ""The House is Rockin'" by Stevie Ray Vaughn on iTunes. It is shaping up to be a day full of "stuff". There will be four kiln loads fired, but they are almost peripheral to the day. The real work today will be doing my mailing for the One of a Kind Show, getting the last invoices out, the Bullseye order in, all the little crap you have to do the last work day before vacation. Anything I can triage till the Sunday before I leave for the OKSS, I will.

Thanksgiving. I give thanks for my healthy, safe family. I give thanks for an incredible year in the glass studio. It has been a wild ride, but I have grown and learned from it. Finally I give thanks for my friends both near and far. I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving, good food and friends to share it with. This will be the first year since well before J was born that Dave won't be deep-frying a turkey. Tomorrow we will be eating Thanksgiving dinner with my parents in an Irish pub on Grand Cayman. Ought to be interesting. Now I'm too stressed to write more, I have to go start organizing (and making lists!) to pack.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cayman Islands? Need to visit your offshore bank account?

(-;

ren said...

sweeeet! have a good time! and as long as we are giving thanks, thanks for an entertaining read every day. thanks for sharing your knowledge, i now know far more about glass than i ever thought i would.

have fun and be safe!

Jodi said...

Wow...have a great trip! That sounds really exciting!