Thursday, April 02, 2009

Now Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Programming

Coffee in the Alaska skyline mug, "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks on Apple TV. April Fool's Day is over and it's time to get back to work. I played several good tricks yesterday on my assistant, my bookkeeper, and--of course--on the web. The Spouse staunchly maintained that he was Not Fooled (in his words, my husband scaring tactics failed miserably).

Glass from Bullseye arrives today (it's raining, of course) as do my in-laws. The cleaning people are coming this morning--and I'm disappointed because I actually wanted to show off how clean the house is already to the in-laws. "See? I *can* muddle through without Dave to do all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry!" (That statement would carry more weight if I didn't have a big pile of clean sheets still to put away from Saturday when he was home and did laundry...)

But back to glass. The last fuse loads for a few weeks were fired yesterday. Today is for slumping and firepolishing (two different loads) and tomorrow is the last shipping till mid-April. I would be concerned, but the dearth of orders coincides nicely with J's Spring Break, and Dave will be home from Austin for nine days starting tomorrow night so we can have a little family vacation together. I plan to spend the time... Planning. It's time to lay out the curriculum for the mask summer camp, read all the books I bought for resource materials, make a list (and maybe even a schedule) for other classes--including ikebana containers (both nageire and moribana), birdbaths, fountains, windchimes, table tops, plant stakes (time to be in the garden...), etc. And time to tweak the studio layout for a formal materials and supplies section.

Even if it rains every day next week, I can't wait. Long, quiet walks on the beach with just the family and the gulls for company, new directions in glass to explore (and maybe a few website updates while I'm at it)--I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

Stacyr520 said...

Bob was still fooled this morning...I thought he would get it right away! Hey! We'll wave at you across the occean on Saturday & Sunday.

Bill said...

Rest and recuperate. J will need Poppa time, too...