Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mid-Week, Mid-Work

Coffee in the Los Angeles skyline mug, "My Friends" by Red Hot Chili Peppers for music. It's late to be starting to post so I have given up the dream of having the second half of the first video ready for today. Something to look forward to tomorrow. Yesterday I was so smug about getting four kiln loads in and I woke with a start at 5:00 this morning to the realization that I hadn't turned the first one on. Doh. It holds a bowl to be slumped and shipped today. Well that's not going to happen. Good thing I was early on this shipment and have a week or so before it really has to go.

Studio production is slow, slow, slow right now. I still have a lot of invoices out so I have income for a few more weeks, but ACRE and new orders can't come soon enough. I got an order yesterday afternoon and have already done the first firing on it. Of course in the way of life and the universe nothing else about the studio is slow. I *still* have my sales taxes from 2008 to file (late, late, late), my website is dismally abysmal again it is so behind, and I have a summer camp to put together. One step at a time. I'll get all that--and my travel arrangements for ACRE and my new artist info cards--done in the next couple of weeks.

Today I have one treat scheduled: Lee, my glassblower friend, is coming by the studio at noon with another glassblower friend of his who's interested in learning some kilnforming. I have parts of three days scheduled with Tadashi in May (Lori and Licha are sharing the studio time and kiln space) to prepare some new roll-up pieces for ACRE, but it would be nice to have even more resources to dedicate to this line of work. I still haven't given up on the idea of having a small hotshop behind the studio...

But first things first, time to call a plumber about getting my gas and hot water back on at the studio. Ciao all.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I just hope that Dave doesn't get in hot water...