Thursday, June 07, 2007

Too Darn Hot!

Diet coke in the can, "Angel" by Amanda Perez on Sophie's MP3 player in the background. Coffee and any thoughts of breakfast were hours ago--as was the possibility of sketching out a workflow that I could evaluate for my software needs. After I posted yesterday I skimmed the first 55 pages of the Filemaker Pro book and identified the core 120+ pages that I have to read to brush up my database skills. Figuring out what one needs to do is for wimps. Just get in there and DO something! Flail around a bit then scratch your head and try to figure out why everything is still broken... oh wait, that's what I'm already doing. Maybe I should stop to plan.

Orders shipped and delivered yesterday. Today, much firing and a meeting with the electrician to plan the new studio annex wiring. As soon as I finish this post I'll water all the flowers on the porch and the deck. It's 82 degrees right now and headed to 91. What the hell?! It's only *spring*!! What's it going to be like when summer really comes? Wasn't I just being all cheerful about how beautiful it is here and maybe not such a bad place to live? Let me begin the retractions now--I just can't take the heat!

And speaking of the heat, it has rotted my brain. I have nothing more to post. Got to go slave over a soon-to-be hot kiln.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Atlanta? Slave?