Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Field Trip

Coffee in the go-cup, the sound of happy and frightened children running and screaming in the background. Funny how they can be both happy and frightened at the same time. Why are there children in the studio? Well, there aren't! I am in the gazebo at the Avondale Estates Lake. They needed drivers for the field trip this morning so I decided to take my work on the road. In a burst of serendipity, we had an entire loaf of bread that had given itself up to the goddess of mold when I went to make J's lunch so we had lots of food for the ducks and geese. It was a win-win. We also happened to have Chicken Little in the dvd player in the Honda so there were five very happy little kids in the back all the way to the park. In a minute we're heading to the playground for lunch and I will use the time to pay bills.

This afternoon there are two orders going out, two loads going in, and the color lasers for the book arrive! Then there are photos to take, a database to keep creating, the fun never ends. Some of it even has to do with glass!

Isn't this a great country? We ate lunch at the park/playground I paid bills, I am still sitting at the picnic table in the park enjoying the breeze, and someone nearby has an open network! I think I'll just post now... Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be young and playful and breaking an arm on a jungle gym again...