Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Tuesday and TUFFY!

A grande mocha in a Starbucks go-mug, "Brass In Pocket" by Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders on the sound system. I'm in Commerce to do a metal pick-up from Elaine of Black Cat and it's... snowing. Unbelievable. March in teh south and yet more snow! At least it's not an earthquake.

The week plods on with its ups and downs, jam-packed schedule, and little bits of real life. In fact, I'm not sure why I'm posting--other than to remark on the snow. I guess it's just habit when I sit waiting in Starbucks to post. Tried to take out an ad in the Decatur Focus yesterday, and found out that not only do they have a waiting list for the April issue, but they don't like my kind and won't take do business with me because my business isn't in Decatur. Bummer. Now I wait to hear from the Creative Loafing people and I consider other marketing/advertising options. Maybe I could make my own little presentation stand with pics, cards and brochures to drop off in local cafes and coffee shops...

Okay, Elaine is here. Time to exchange work and get on the road again.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Why did you try the Decatur Focus?

Brenda Griffith said...

Oh yes, I should explain why I am trying to advertise in a small local monthly rag... I want to promote Date Night and Summer Camp for Siyeh Glass.

Dee said...

and how is tuffy today?

are there any other community papers in your area?