Monday, December 18, 2006

Countdown to Christmas

Coffee in the Denver skyline mug, "Deck the Halls" in my left ear as I wait on the phone on hold to place another Christmas present order. My frit and molds from Bullseye finally showed up at 7:45 this morning. I was, of course, naked and dripping wet having just stepped out of the shower, but my spouse stepped into the breach, answered the door, and held the driver at bay till I was dry and dressed.

Today I juggle shipping the last of the One of a Kind Show orders and a few Christmas gifts, tasks from my line editor for the book, and Christmas shopping! Yes, today, December 17, I BEGIN my main Christmas shopping. I have never been so late. And I write here and now--before the annual New Year's resolutions are due--I will NOT be so overextended next year! I am cutting back my show schedule and focusing more on my home and family. And I am taking weekends OFF. But I save the resolutions for a couple of weeks. No use getting ahead of myself when I am still behind on posts (I now owe four--two here and two Stranded in the South). Unfortunately the ones I owe all require more thought than I can spare while juggling.

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best keep better track of what the actual date is...

Brenda Griffith said...

Yee, yee, yee! This just gets worse and worse. Now I have one fewer day than I thought I had!

Anonymous said...

Gift Cards are nice but can be expensive if people don't use them. I gave my daughter-in-law one for $400 at a uniform store two years ago and she never used it. Guess what. It expired. Read the fine print. Good luck on shopping. We shop at shows all year long and then only have the stocking stuffers in Dec to buy.

Merry Christmas
MONYMAN, Chrissie & Karen

Jodi said...

Welcome to the Late Shoppers Club! I'm usually at the stores on Xmas Eve! Oh, and we do Hannukah too, which already started and I've given 2 of E's Christmas gifts for that! Tee hee! He may get chocolate coins and dreidels from Santa!