Monday, February 13, 2006

D-Day

D is for Doom. No mug and music report this morning--no time for either. The new website is up. At least the front page is. 14 hours yesterday and all I have to show for it is a front page which looks great in Firefox, not so great in IE and is untested in Netscape (though I would love feedback from anyone out there who has Netscape and is willing to give it a gander). Hard though I tried, I could not get the pop-up menus to work. Many tears of frustration and despair were expended yesterday... and there are undoubtedly more to come. I keep thinking I will just hire someone to do it, but every time I go down that route the person I interview for the job scares me away. He (no, I have not interviewed any women willing to take on the project) either is too expensive or disparages my design and wants to do it in his own style. Whose website is it anyway?

Now off to Ikebana, a gallery pick-up, get new front tires on the van and a snow scraper at Sam's Club, buy the lights from Home Depot and dog food from Petsmart, get frufty flimsy drapery at the fabric store for my display and black fabric for a tablecloth. Then home to pack and ship the pieces to the Art Institute in Chicago, build and paint the hanging panel stand, put in the first fuse load of a dinnerware commission, pay bills and finish my catalog... Sound like a full day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the photos.

Scream, throw things around, and it'll all work out...

Brenda Griffith said...

Thank you *very* much for the feedback and the offer of help. I accept. I prostrate my unworthy self with gratitude on the floor at your feet and accept. The menu doesn't work on Firefox at all. I am sick of all of it.