Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Abraham-Hicks Might Be Onto Something

Lovely, lovely Redband Coffee Co "Fulton Porter" coffee--roasted on July 1, 2010--(a gift from my sister-in-law for my birthday) with just a hint of the last of the Batdorf Bronson "Organic Nicaragua Isabella" (left by Colin and Chris before they moved to Bangkok) with fat-free half and half and Sweet Italian Cream Coffee Mate in the Montreal skyline mug, "Border Reiver" by Mark Knopfler on iTunes. My coffee is as complicated as my life is this morning, but both are greatly improved by the addition of Sara's Facebook post of a quote from Abraham-Hicks:

"Overwhelment is about you not being up to speed with what you told the Universe that you want. The Universe ...is yielding to you. You're just not ready to receive it right now."

Clearly I need to STOP TALKING TO THE UNIVERSE.

So as I am a bit overwhelmed today/this week/this month/this summer, I'll pop up a quick post, and scamper off to fill kilns. (Whose great idea was it to add 1-2 hours of exercise and attention to the body everyday to a schedule that is already full? Oh yeah... mine.)

We did not get the 800-piece commission for the Chinese New Year gala gift. Sadness and relief swirl and mingle in my heart. This week is all about production--I do have two major award commissions to get out before the end of the month with a spate of orders from and since Vegas. My Mom goes home to Montana Monday and takes the J with her for a week and a half. Then I go out for another two weeks and J and I both come home--her to start school and me to head to Baltimore for the Summer Buyer's Market show. Whee. Next week is the last week of summer camp in the studio and Todd and I are thrilled. It's also the week I need to slump all the wine bottles for Todd's niece's wedding.... Hmm, my firing schedule looks to be as complicated as my coffee!

One last procedure/thing/process I need to ponder is my unadvertised Date Night addition of loaning participants a camera, having them take lots of pictures of each other blowing glass, taking the pictures and making a slideshow put to music with them, and burning both the slideshow and all the hi-res photos to cd for them. I have 11 Date Night sets of photos queued up right now from which to create slideshows and burn cds, and no matter how many nights after leaving the studio I devote to them I don't seem to be getting caught up...

1 comment:

Bill said...

Time to hire a videographer. Or maybe Dave.