Monday, January 23, 2023

There is Still Coffee

(For Bill...) Coffee in the lovely, personalized, travel mug that Zaga laser-engraved for me before our transatlantic cruise last fall, Rémy whimpering for biscotti as my music. Apparently, dogs like anise, and Rémy LOVES biscotti. 

Short post today as I am still in a biscotti coma from yesterday's writing, and I also have a ton of stuff to do before heading off to Florida on Thursday for a crafting trip, and to deliver Jessie's car to her so she can get back and forth to work. Today, I wear many hats. I play:

  • An electrician - finishing up wiring three way dimmable smart switches in the house
  • A seamstress - can't say what I am sewing as it's a surprise gift
  • A small-business owner - orders to ship from my Etsy store
I am purposely going to leave paying bills (including the property taxes... whew!), looking for work, filling out unemployment logs, and moving mesquite wood into the wood shop for turning until tomorrow. Dave is tired of electrical switches hanging out of the wall and catching on his sweater, but the living room switch box is so small and has so many switches in it that I am having a hard time getting everything stuffed back in without accidentally disconnecting a wire or two in the process. Stupid switch box.

Writing all of those to-do's makes it even more weird that I am still struck when I see my Google calendar totally empty for the week. No meetings, no appointments, no time-boxed activities. Wow, is that nice! At some point I am going to have to do taxes. Ah, January. I knew it was more than the dreary weather that made me dislike you so!

1 comment:

Bill said...

May your day be productive!