Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Never Gonna Change

Finished my coffee before sitting down to write, but the music this morning is particularly appropriate: "Never Gonna Change" by Drive By Truckers: "There ain't much difference in the man I wanna be, and the man that I really am. We ain't never gonna change, we ain't doin' nothin' wrong." Sing it, Patterson Hood. Speaking of Drive By Truckers--they are playing at the Paramount here in Austin on March 24 and I just got us tickets! Front row mezzanine. Other people can stand up--there'll be no one in front of me so I can sit and still see. Or maybe this time I'll want to dance!

I'm in a holding pattern today. Waiting for movement on three life-events: closure at data.world, return of the rights on my books (turns out both are now out of print and they are reverting the rights to me) which ties into the Big Project, and a response on the job application I submitted on a whim. I hate to wait. But as soon as I am done posting, meditating, doing yoga, and having lunch, I am going to work on a friend's quilt made of Crown Royal bags so that will keep my mind and fingers busy. I have had the project languishing for over a year and I finally have time to do it! Got to get it done so I can move onto gardening--it's going to be 81 here today. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Crown Royal bags Oooohhhh . . . fuzzy and comfy.

(Yeah, I know. 3 Life Events and you focus on Crown Royal bahgs? Geez, Adler . . . )

Unknown said...

Crown Royal bags Oooohhhh . . . fuzzy and comfy.

(Yeah, I know. 3 Life Events and you focus on Crown Royal bags? Geez, Adler . . . )

Bill said...

How long has it been since you had a chance to quilt? I know Bridget'll be excited for you!

Brenda Griffith said...

It's been YEARS since I've quilted--and at least 28 years since I finished one.

And WHICH Adler is the question? I think both of you would focus on the Crown Royal bags first...