Thursday, December 21, 2023

Life Goes On

It used to be I'd start my posts with what coffee mug I was drinking and what music I was listening too. Now it's where we are in relation to the clouds. We are inbetweeners today: Polson and the wildlife refuge are shrouded in fog below, there are clouds above the tops of the Missions, but we and the mountains are clear and eye-to-eye. And I am never going to get tired of leaning over, sliding open the patio door, and snapping this view from my cozy chair!

Yesterday with Turi (the equine companion) was wonderful!! I spent almost no time with him over the summer between time on renovations of my parents house and moving here--I hadn't seen him at all for two months until yesterday! He let me know it too. He looked at me, and then pointedly looked away when I walked up to the paddock to halter him and take him to the barn for his turn with Sadie the vet. Instead of coming right to me (his usual behavior) he made me slog through the gooey wet mud in my little suede WalMart boots to get him. Ugh. (I put Mucks Tall Chore Boots on my Christmas list when  I got home). But when I brought him into the indoor arena to check him out, he was AMAZING!! I let him off lead and just walked/ran around the arena with him at liberty, and he stayed right with me! Wer swooped and turned and he pranced and kicked up his heels and was my perfect boy. I am sooooo looking forward to bringing him home this spring.

When I got home from the barn (I drove the grey beast--my favorite vehicle) I unpacked my goodies from Harbor Freight which included two truck ramps and a big Yukon tool chest. I put the wheels on the tools chest in the back of the pickup, put the brackets on the ramps, and then Dave and I wheeled the tool chest out of the pickup and down the ramp. There is no way we could have lifted it out. As it was, it skittered kind of fast down the ramp.

By then it was dark, but not too late for either UPS and FedEx who both delivered packages to our door. Our driveway is a half mile long (I measured). It is gravel/dirt, one lane, twisty, narrow, and uphill. And they STILL deliver to our door! USPS, on the other hand, not only doesn't bring packages up the drive--or leave them at the bottom of the drive, but they don't even bother leaving slips! Going to have to have a talk with them today...

And that's enough babbling. I'd forgotten how much I liked the morning ritual of posting. It's not as good as my regular coffee with Zaga, but it's going to have to do till she gets here this summer! Biscuits and gravy are ready (thanks Dave) got to go.

PS-Dee, horse pics tomorrow, and Anya, yes! fulltime!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Thank you for posting again. I love to hear how you and your family are doing, and the photos are amazing!