Wednesday, December 20, 2023

I Have My View Back!!

Northeast from my cozy chair 
Today is another day out and about, and I still have to shower, but the reemergence of the views from the house merit a quick post! These are pretty much the same shots I took yesterday, but even though it's still cloudy, you can see all the way to the mountains on all sides.

Southeast to the Mission Mountains-my favorite view
Today I am off to the barn where I stable Turi. The vet is coming for vaccinations and deworming, the farrier is coming for winter shoes, the dentist is coming to check and grind (I think), and the chiropractor is coming because every horse needs a good adjustment! For me it means a lovely, chilly, winter day spent with my horse. I won't ride, but I will brush and treat and hang with him. 

South to the hill behind the house
For the near future I am keeping him where I currently board him as what the hell do I know about caring for a horse?!? But this spring I plan to get him a companion (donkey? llama? horse for Dave?) and bring him home. This house has a paddock, a tack room, feed storage, and a loafing shed. No, I did not make that up. Apparently the shelters for animals that have no doors are called loafing sheds. Additionally the entire 33 acres the house sits on is fenced so they could free range (like the llamas that used to live here did).

Off to dress and shower! Long sleeved shirt? check. Jeans? check. Cozy vest? check. Warm glove and scarf? check. Work boots? No, but sneakers!




North to Flathead Lake and towards Glacier Park

West over the Flathead River to the Salish Mountains


2 comments:

Dee said...

a horse?? you have a horse???? PICS!!!! :) i'm jealous you know :)

Bill said...

Yak. You need to get a yak.