Saturday, January 14, 2023

And I'm Feeling Good

Late, late post today! Can of cold diet coke by my side, and Nina Simone singing "Feeling Good". This is the song I want played at my funeral. I'm listening to it today less for that particular song and more because Dave and I just got home from a big screen showing of La La Land, and I'm feeling jazzish. Think I'll move over to "Take Five" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet now. What has Ryan Gosling been up to lately? Has he retired too? Oh yes! He's playing Ken opposite Margot Robbie in the lead role as Barbie in Greta Gerwig's upcoming movie of the same name!

Somehow it's already almost 3:30 and all I have done is go for breakfast at at the boulangerie, Saveurs with Dave, move the loom from our bedroom to the livingroom, go to Alamo to see La La Land, make the oblkigatory weekend Home Depot run, and grocery shop. I still have a pie crust to make, a dog to walk, yoga, meditation, a loom to dust and put together, and a quilt to work on. Time is really screwing with me right now. Tuesday it flew by, Wednesday was very slow, Thursday was just right, Friday I started to feel behind or slow myself, and today? Today is a hot mess... but only if I let it be. Instead, if I think that everything is unfolding just the way it is supposed to, then I'm feeling good. 

Sleep in peace when day is done, that's what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me
...
Oh, freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
...
For me
And I'm feeling good

1 comment:

Bill said...

Plenty to do!