Monday, March 05, 2012

Where You Been, Willis?

I said to Dave this morning over an omelet, "So, do you think I should say to my editor I know it's not as good a publishing time, but I think we should push back the book to a fall release date?". He said, "I think you're just panicking". Which made me think, are my feelings a product of the rational part of my mind trying to come up with something to make the irrational part of my mind feel better? I hope so. Otherwise I'm doomed.

I spent the entire weekend--including much of Friday and this morning from 6:00 am on--writing, stuttering, attempting to write, and re-writing. I am happy with the quality of the content, but I am concerned about the quantity--and concerned that my editor will be less than happy as she was led to believe (I shamefully admit by me) that there would be More.

Will the world end? No. Am I still stressed? Yes.

We had an incredible photo shoot in the hotshop last Thursday with Liam Schatten. He took over 500 photos of Tadashi doing roll-ups. Thank heaven Tadashi is so calm and confident about everything, or the shoot could have been a disaster. I wish I had taken a picture of Liam's set-up in the hotshop as, between the tripod, reflectors, the laptop and it's tether to the camera, extension cord and other electronic cables, the hotshop was a labyrinthine mess! It was amazing to see Tadashi navigate through it all and produce three amazing pieces.

Now back to writing for the book instead of the blog.

3 comments:

Bill said...

I had a feeling you were blogging to avoid writing...

Cynthia Morgan said...

Call me...might be ways to make writing the book a bit easier...

Anonymous said...

those are some great shots of tadashi! good work to liam