Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Home

Just set the time zone on the laptop from Pacific back to Eastern. It's no longer 3:13 am, it's 6:13 am... Really? Is that how it works? Apparently will ye, nill ye (or willy-nilly, if you prefer), crossing the country does require a reset of one's internal clock. I'm blathering. No time to blather. Order organization and processing up the wazoo today--not to mention a dentist appointment and all the usual first-day-back stuff to wade through.

The posts over the past three days have been more eloquent than usual--a direct influence of being away from home, on the west coast, and staying with Morganica (the most eloquent individual I know). Now I'm home and pragmatism rules again. For the past 12 days I wore nice clothes, make-up and jewelry every day. I thought differently, moved differently, and wrote differently. Today it's back to grungy stained t-shirts, no make-up, and a harried demeanor. Is that fair, I ask you? I want to stay the casual, well-dressed if not well-pressed artist/studio owner/writer I was in Portland. Ah well. Guess I'll go clean the cat box instead.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Litter-ally?

judy said...

let's find a happy medium, we'll take a clean shirt, lipstick and a soothing, but determined, demeanor!

Dee said...

welcome back to reality - the gremlins never seem to take over the cat box cleaning nor the mail detail do they?

263d0622-6ef6-11e0-b813-000bcdcb471e said...

Hence the truism "dress for the job you want, not the one you have." It's not that big a change and a hell of a lot easier than moving ;-)